Monday, July 17, 2006

Party On

I’m toiling away day after day (okay, only 2 days – but it feels like forever) trying to get this house cleaned and re-organized for mother. I’m making space in the dining room and den for a walker-friendly environment, and as I move furniture I’m sweeping or vacuuming – tossing large amounts of dust bunnies into the air. I’m sweating my “you-know-what” off. I’m not visiting blogs (withdrawal has been hard) because I’m determined to finally get things done (my study has been waiting to be put back together since it was painted in May). Why am I telling you this and what does it have to do with mom? Because after I drag my tired butt to bed, she’s obviously having parties. How do I know? When I went to wake her up this morning she tells me that Regis and his wife had just left. She’s not only having people over, but famous people at that. I’m quite miffed. I wouldn’t have minded meeting Regis and Joy Philbin.

I’m still working on the VCR/TV/DVD situation in her bedroom. Bebo and I bought a chair on Saturday (yes, my friend Susie came and sat with mom while I got out for 2 hours – mind you, about an hour of that was shopping for mom stuff, but hey, I’m not picky) and I’m still waiting for it to be delivered. “They” were supposed to call me today or Tuesday to let me know when. She enjoyed lying in bed this morning and watching “Support Your Local Sheriff” except she just couldn’t understand what Rockford was doing. And I’ve discovered that it’s hard to clean in a separate room while she’s around. Every five minutes she would call me into her bedroom and ask what I was doing. Sheesh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... You'd think Regis could pitch in a little, since he's over often enough. ;)

Tue Jul 18, 07:14:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

You'd think he would. Ingrate. LOL

Fri Jul 21, 06:50:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home