Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thursday Update

Mom took a turn yesterday. Her heartbeat is now irregular and she has a fever. The fever is not from fighting an infection, but rather a part of the dying process. She had to have a little oxygen and they have now brought in a suction machine. She can no longer cough up any mucus that builds up in her throat. From what I understand this can indicate hours or days until the end.

I understand the need to wait on some things, but there are others that I either want to get done or need to do. I'd like to write the obituary while I'm still thinking clearly, not when I'm grieving. There's bills to pay, bank accounts to balance, ebill options to change, etc. The things that can't wait while this is going on. We need to go to the funeral parlor and set things up (once again while we're thinking clearly). This necessitates finding her life insurance policy. We also want to cash in her IRA while the stock market is still high. Other things, like what will I do about money next month and a job, are being put on the back burner while this is going on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gail Rae said...

Strange country, death, despite that it is always just over a disturbingly close border. My best wishes on your continued involvement in your mother's journey, Bailey.

Thu Oct 12, 03:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Karma said...

Of course, things are getting put on the back burner. This is such a rough time. How releaving and stressful at the same time to have a timetable. My prayers are with you.

Fri Oct 13, 06:04:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home