Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Screaming

Screaming and screaming, ranting at no one, hour after hour. That's all I hear. The 25 mg of Serezone obviously isn't working, so the doctor upped it to 50 mg tonight. She's still going strong. When I go check on her to ask her why she's screaming, she says she isn't - that woman is. Well, "that woman" can just shut up as far as I'm concerned.

She's starting to have trouble swallowing and she has tremors in her right hand - palsy. She's also developed a bed sore - she resists laying on her side, but we're working on it.

Turning her is causing the arthritis to flare up in my hands. My fingers are often stiff and sore, making typing painful. I've practically stopped blogging, sorry about that. I miss the interaction, but everything is just overwhelming right now. I'm in that black hole that Deb mentioned on her blog the other day. I tried blogging that day, started at the bottom of my list, but only made it to the "S's" before I had to stop.

On Friday, a doctor is coming to the house to evaluate mom for a local Eldercare HouseCall service that one of the hospital runs. If she qualifies (and the physical therapist and the RN thinks she will) then she will no longer have to go to the doctor, they'll come here. Of course, this means switching doctors, but as I've said before, that's no problem for me.

That's all for now, I'll try to update as things go on.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karma said...

I'm so sorry. My grandmother is in a similar state, and it is horrible to see. I'm glad that you are getting more resources. Have you looked into hospice services?

Hang in there.

Thu Oct 05, 12:01:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, Bailey, I'm sorry. The Eldercare HouseCall service sounds like a start. And Karma's idea of hospice (which I've recently found out is not just for people who have a very short time to live) might be good. Only problem is, I'm sure you don't have lots of time to be checking out all these alternatives. Hang in there...

Thu Oct 05, 10:33:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eve--Long distance ((hugs)). Don't worry about keeping up your blog but give a holler if you need to talk. Bringing in a new doctor can also mean a fresh pair of eyes, a different perspective. I'm thinking of you.

Thu Oct 05, 08:36:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Brandy said...

Just wanted to check on you and am so sorry to hear of the misery you are going through. I'm praying the Eldercare HouseCall visiting works out for you. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Thu Oct 05, 09:28:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Gail Rae said...

Wow. I'm just shaking my head. I'm hoping you can live through this.

Fri Oct 06, 09:52:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home